Thursday, March 19, 2009

on the road again...

Today was an interesting day in traveling. Fortunately, all of my flights, hotel arrangements, subway rides, etc. went smoothly all day long (in sharp contrast to last week with 2 missed flights, a missed wake up call and piecing travel reservations together on the fly).

Only 1 minor annoyance with TSA in Omaha. I apparently did not drink the last 1/2 ounce of water out of my water bottle when I went through security. Rather than pouring out the water or letting me drink the last partial gulp, they packed up all of my things and walked me out of the gate area so I could dump the smallest imaginable amount of water into a trash can and go all the way through security again. Fun times. Very logical outcome.

I'm in D.C. in my hotel room getting ready for dinner. Spent the day talking about survey/questionnaire design. I was kind of in geek heaven. Lots of interesting topics and lots of good learning, growth and development in preparation for the Iraq position. I am going to be a full fledged polling dilettante by the end of this process; I am going to know a little bit about an awful lot.

And there are always worse places to spend a day or two than D.C. Now for dinner plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment