Tuesday, March 17, 2009

and so it begins...

I have been thinking about beginning this process for some time and I suppose this is how it starts...

This is certainly a transitional point in time in my life and writing about such transitions has always proved cathartic in the past. I have actually had a few requests to start a blog from friends and colleagues as the next 8 months of my life will likely hold a fair degree of drama and intrigue; more than most epochs of my life have thus far.

In late May or early June, I will leave for Iraq where I will live and work for 6 months. I am not in the military and I am not leaving my employer. I'm being "transferred" in a sense. I work for Gallup and our mission is "helping people be heard." The chance to work toward that mission in Baghdad was too great an opportunity to pass up.

I am hoping to share the process of preparing for this adventure and the subsequent 6 months with anyone who is interested.

As of today, I am living in Lincoln, NE, working at one of our Gallup Interviewing centers and waiting for the details of this trip to solidify.

As I am not entirely sure how much detail should or should not be included in my debut blog, I will leave matters at this and will expand in coming days, weeks and months. Cheers to all who are interested in following along on this journey.

1 comment:

  1. Go for it! I'm keeping my 1st Blog since I've been in France for a few months. Write what you're comfortable writing and remember, you never know who is going to read it!
    Bon chance in Iraq! I'll be reading!.
    R

    ReplyDelete