Friday, March 27, 2009

i have a departure date

May 27th. Or 28th. I suppose, in the strict sense of the word, those are "dates" rather than "a date" but I'm not splitting hairs at this point. I have a pretty clear target for when I'm going to arrive in Iraq and that's more than I have had for quite some time.

The wheels are officially in motion. I can start putting dates to everything that needs to happen in the next 2 months before I leave.

Here is a sample of some of the things I need to get together before heading down to Ft. Benning, GA for my orientation and pre-deployment training:
  • 30 copies of your orders, with exact and accurate name & SSN.
  • Passport & 5 copies of it
  • Drivers License or state ID (current, and not to expire while you are deployed) & 5 copies
  • Generic Physical Inspection signed & dated from your doctor. Some type of cover letter stating that you are healthy and fit to be deployed, away from medical services, signed by your doctor is great. Also bring a list of any allergies, conditions, or prior surgeries, heart conditions, etc that you may have experienced. Anything of question should be explained in the doctor’s letter.
  • Dental x-rays, less than 6 months old, signed & dated by your dentist. You will also need your dentists license number for DoD paperwork. Complete form DD2813 with your dentist (attached).
  • Printed statement of your eyewear prescription, updated within last 6 months (if applicable).
  • TWO pairs of Rx glasses (only if you need corrective lenses). On medical check-in day, you will be asked to show both pairs of your glasses if you do not have 20/20 vision. One pair of eyeglasses and various sets of contact lenses do not count.
  • A record of any immunizations you have received in the last 10 years. If you cannot show prior immunization, you will at a minimum receive the following: Hepatitus A & B, Influenza, MMR, Tetanus-Diptheria-Pertussis, Typhoid, & Tuberculin skin test.
  • Any prescriptions you may need, with a supply that you expect to last for the full length of your deployment. You may not need to show this at CRC, but if your conditions require serious medication, they may ask to see & verify that you have enough to last deployment.
  • Know your blood type.

So far I have my Passport and Driver's License (but no copies of them)...I don't think I have anything else on this list. I need another pair of glasses? I need a recent prescription for my eyes? I need a physical? I need dental x-rays? I need to get moving!

I don't even know my blood type. But I'm sure the doctor who gives me my physical can handle that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment